And it doesn’t stop there, with a hidden creamy chocolatey ganache centre, and notes of cinnamon biscuit all through, these cakes are a real crowd pleaser!
Whilst my blog is based on healthy eating, we all need sugar in our lives and of course we all need cake too. My recently updated new timetable at school has allowed me to leave early on a Monday, which is now designated to Baking. So all my friends are expecting freshly baked goodies by Tuesday lunch!
This lotus biscuits recipe has been tested across many Tuesday lunches and is approved by many people so I hope you enjoy these ganache filled delights!
- 12 lotus biscuits
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup (wholemeal) flour
- 3 tbsp oil (I used rapeseed)
- 270g peeled banana
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 75g dark chocolate (vegan)
- Line a muffin tray with six muffin cases, crumble 1 lotus biscuit in to the bottom of each case. Turn the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- To make the ganache, scoop the coconut cream out of the can and microwave/heat up in a saucepan and pour over the chocolate broken up in heatproof bowl. Cover with a lid and leave, don’t stir it!
- In a bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients apart from the remaining 6 biscuits thoroughly. Scoop this evenly on top of the crushed biscuit base.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate and coconut mixture till glossy and smooth, place in the fridge.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and leave to cool.
- Once cool, scoop the top off, like making angel cakes, scoop in a teaspoon of ganache, replace the ‘lid’ and add a lotus biscuit to finish on top, sticking down with a bit of ganache or melted chocolate. Repeat for the rest of the cakes.
- Place the cakes in the fridge, this softens the biscuits, giving them a more intense taste and a delicious texture!
Thank you for reading this and I really hope you give it a go! Let me know if you do @courgettiblogetti on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or in the comments down below.