Yep! Pudding flavours in breakfast, so whilst there may be no pastry or icing, this granola is definitely one to try.
Whilst dried cherries gave me a run for my money ~ looking round most food shops in south Dorset ~ it mixes up your usual breakfast with some new tastes (and no raisins!!!)
- 2 cups jumbo oats
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 2 tsp good quality almond extract
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweetner (I like agave or honey)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup flakes almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees celcius.
- Simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl apart from the flaked almonds and cherries in a large bowl, making sure it’s all mixed through. Empty on to a lined tray, place in the oven at 140 for 20 minutes, remove and stir and place back for another 10 minutes.
- Stir through the flaked almonds and leave to cool and cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Add in the dried cherries and leave on the tray to cool.
- Place in a airtight container.
- Whatever has made it to your container (the bits you haven’t eaten!) and it’s time for breakfast, served with plain yoghurt (I recommend alpro almond yoghurt), frozen cherries, almond butter then a splash of almond milk before enjoying your bakewell breakfast!
Thank you for reading this breakfast blog, please give it a try if you can and let me know if you do, on here in the comments, or on social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Twitter) @courgettiblogetti . Why not try it out as apricot or blueberry bakewell instead!