After I posted this picture on instagram, this recipe has been highly requested, these waffles are insane, if I say so myself, and my dad agrees too!
- 60g oats
- 45g spelt flour
- 10g dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g dark chocolate (I used montezuma’s)
- 120ml milk of choice (I used soya)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 x 160ml can of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup desicated coconut
- 1 tbsp syrup of choice, I used blueberry syrup that I found in Marks and Spencers, but maple/honey/agave etc. will work fine too
- In a bowl mix together the oats, spelt flour, baking powder and 15 grams of the chocolate chopped finely, add the milk, flax seeds and 1 tablespoon of the coconut cream too.
- Preheat the waffle ion (or pan if you’re making pancakes instead), when ready, add in the batter.
- Next make the ‘yoghurt’, add 2 more tablespoon of coconut from the can with the lemon juice, desicated coconut and syrup. Place in the fridge.
- To make the ganache, tip in the remainder of the coconut can into a bowl, heat in the microwave or a saucepan, and then pour over the rest of the dark chocolate, and leave aside
- Add the berries to a bowl and microwave till boiled and jam like, alternatively heat in a pan.
- When the waffles are cooked, transfer to a plate and add the coconut yoghurt. Stir the ganache to a smooth and runny consistency and pour on top. Add on the berry jam and finally another sprinkle of coconut.
Let me know what you think if you try it! Use #courgettiblogetti, and tag me on instagram @courgettiblogetti, Facebook or Twitter @courgettiblog, or by leaving a comment down below.
– Laura x