Do you ever get that craving for something crunchy? Or something to go with your favourite dip? Here is the answer:
After having enchiladas the previous night, we had some leftover corn tortillas. I thought: let's find something to make these into, and these super easy AND quick healthy homemade crisps arrived on my plate for lunch soon after.
Not only can you choose basically any flavour to go on these, but the ingredients are so simple and they need hardly any cooking!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 corn tortillas – gluten free
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Flavourings of your choice – see below
These can be sweet or savoury, from cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cacao or paprika, to cumin, thyme or just plain salt! For mine, I made one batch of paprika and salt and another of cumin and salt. They were so crispy and perfect for dipping.
Preheat the oven to 180°c
- Cut up the tortillas.
- Transfer these onto baking trays so they do not touch each other.
- Brush with oil on both sides using a pastry brush, so that they are lightly covered. Add on the salt (optional) and other flavourings onto both sides too.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes, check and turn over for another 3-5 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Serve them up!
To serve with mine, I mashed up half an avocado, a squeeze of lime juice, sprinkle of chilli flakes and a little salt for a spicy guacamole. I also made a yoghurt dip from natural yoghurt, cubed cucumber, lime juice and fresh coriander to go with caramelised onion houmous as well (pictured below). These are perfect for sharing with friends, as I did!
If you have a go yourself, take a picture and tag me @courgettiblog on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Thanks for reading blogettis!